- Explore old Dubai including the vibrant Souks
- See stunning traditional Dubai architecture
- Ride a traditional Abra ride (wooden boat) across the Dubai creek
: Wednesday and Saturday at 10:00am Sep to Mar
: Daily except for Friday at 10:00am
Looking for something old in a place that’s more akin to scenes from a Sci-fi movie? Like the authentic feel to a place and uncovering its history? Then a historical walking tour is a perfect way to tick those boxes. You’re heading into old Dubai an area that is retaining its past and giving those that visit an insight into a city lost to the modern way. The Al Fahidi neighbourhood was once a bustling hive full of trading merchants along the banks of Dubai Creek. An area protected by ancient forts and watchtowers. You’ll certainly get a feel of the place and see plenty of Emirati architecture. You’ll explore the vibrant Souks of spice, textiles and gold. And get to ride across the river on the wooden boats! Hope you don’t mind the water! This tour is a chance to really see the Dubai of old. The trading port that helped to start its new journey into the modern world. Go explore.About Your Guide:
As travellers, we are curious, wanting to learn, discover. Dubai by Foot look to take these travel passions and create tours to cater to travellers needs. From historical, art and pictures, interwoven with stories – they look to give you a personalised tour that maximises your Dubai time.Here’s the plan
Get set to explore the authentic side, away from the flashing lights, futuristic city that you know of Dubai. This is a tour to explore its heritage. Enjoy the walk, take in the sights and experience a very different kind of city. Along the way your tour will include:
• Exploring the Bur Dubai side outside the Al Fahidi District – walking through the Hindi lane and looking at the Dubai museum.
• You’ll learn about the old textile souk, Meena Bazaar and the Indian community’s influence.
• Take an Abra boat across the Dubai Creek
• Enjoy wandering around the Spice and Gold Souks
- Arabic coffee at Coffee Museum
- Tickets to Dubai Museum
- Abra Ride
- English speaking guide