- Embark on a foodie adventure through Old Town Dubai
- Feast on shawarma, kabab, toom, falafel and even vegetarian options!
- Discover more about the city and its origins
- Eat as the locals do at a popular mandi restaurant
- Indulge your sweet tooth in Arabic desserts like konafa, semolina, and baklava
- Both printed or smartphone vouchers accepted
This private tour will lead you to the Al Ragga, an area where delightful mixes of cultures bring you an array of delicious Arabian delights to savour. Today you will get a feel for Middle Eastern food as you taste some of the highlights of the region. Your first stop will be a shawarma restaurant for a kebab, the most popular fast food option in the city. Chicken dishes are usually paired with a yummy garlic aioli called toom while beef is teamed up with tahini. Veggie options are available too. Falafel is next on the menu and we think this next stop is the best Dubai has to offer.
Learn all about the different types of falafel and how it is made as you scoff it down with fragrant tahini and some feisty fava beans. Taking a stroll deeper into the old town we will discover more about the city and its origins before stopping for a fresh fruit juice in a cool juice bar with a dizzying array of fresh fruit virgin cocktails to choose from. A great way to cool off on a hot day! Next, you fully immerse yourself in local customs and eat with locals at a popular mandi restaurant. This is one of the few places in town where you can observe local Emiratis chilling out with their families. Mandi is a deliciously spiced chicken dish served with nuts, rice, and yoghurt.
Do as the locals do and sit on the floor and eat using your hands, although be sure to use only your right hand! Back on the streets seek out dessert at a delightful pastry shop, and sample a mouth-watering smorgasbord of Arabic desserts: konafa, semolina, and dozens of different types of baklava. Your tour will end on this fabulously sugary high. For more ways to immerse yourself in the culture and traditions of Dubai, ask your guide for more hints and tips on how to get the most out of your trip.
About The Supplier:
Urban Adventures are a handpicked network of 150+ global destinations, locally owned and operated by professional and passionate urban explorers. Collectively they create and run 1000's of fun and unique day tour itineraries that support local communities and help travelers uncover the local side of a city. Urban Adventures has a team of passionate guides who are the heart and soul of the tours and guarantee a great time.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food samples as per itinerary (shawarma, falafel, fava beans, tahini, mandi, Arabic pastries, fresh juice, and water)
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Transportation to and from the meeting/end points
- Tips/gratuities for your guide