- See the other side of Dubai and experience the rich Arabic culture and heritage
- Enjoy the sights and aromas of the traditional markets
- Enjoy an abra ride from Dubai Creek to Bur Dubai
- Breathe in the aroma of spices and herbs at Spice Souk
- See shops selling precious gold, rubies, emeralds, sapphires and other precious gems at Gold Souk
- Your guide will share interesting insights about this part of the city
- Dig into a juicy camel meat burger
- Both printed or smartphone vouchers accepted
4pm, 5pm, 6pm, 7pm and 8pm
The history of Dubai dates back to 3000 BC and it was in 1966, with the discovery of oil that the city transformed into an uber metropolis and a business hub. Listen to Dubai’s fascinating story while exploring the old quarters of the city which still retains its old world charm. Also, there is a delish treat waiting!
Your tour begins from Dubai Creek where you will meet your guide and hear about the interesting history that thrived on both sides of the Creek. Then head to a treasure trove of colourful fabrics, textile, weaves and embroidery at the Textile Souk.
Next, you will take an abra (water taxi) from Dubai Creek to Bur Dubai where the experience gets more interesting and authentic. Make your way to the oldest traditional markets in the Emirates – Spice Souk and Gold Souk and soak up the frankincense-infused Arab atmosphere.
The Spice Souk dates back to centuries when Dubai was at the epicenter of the spice trade, which brought various kinds of herbs and spices to the city. Take in the sights and smell of the souk as you walk through the stalls selling different herbs and spices. Your guide will help you get the best bargains on your purchases.
Next, continue your tour to the Gold Souk housed within the Deira area of Dubai. It has been THE place of gold trade since the early 1900s, when traders and entrepreneurs from India and Iran pitched their stalls in this area. Take a stroll inside the souk and learn about its fascinating history from your guide. See the shops lining the souk with window upon window crammed with bracelets, necklaces, rings, diamonds, emeralds, rubies and sapphires. It is truly a golden feast for the senses!
The tour will end on a lip-smacking note when you dig into a juicy camel meat burger at a local house restaurant.
About the Supplier: Key 2 Destinations aims to provide high quality sightseeing tours in Dubai at reasonable prices. Their tour guides are city experts and handpick the best things to do in town.
- Mouthwatering camel burger
- All fees and taxes
- Bottled water
- Tourist guide
- Hotel transfers (we’ll see you there)
- Gratuities (if you wish to, go on then!)